Penang State Government Education Loan
The Penang State Government Education Loan which was established in 1970, aims to provide education loans to Malaysian citizens who were born or receive part of their education in Penang state.The loans criteria are as follows:-
- Applicant was born in Penang, or at least have gone to school for 5 years in Penang.
- Offered a place at the University / Institute of Higher Learning (IHL). For applicants of Private Institutions of Higher Learning, the course must be approved by MQA (Malaysian Qualification Agency).
- Loans are for Certificate, Diploma, Diploma Distance Learning, Degree, Degree Distance Learning, Masters and PHD courses.
- Applicants currently undergoing Pre-University / Matriculation are not eligible to apply.
- The second loan is only offered to borrowers who have completely paid the first loan.
- Copy of Identity Card and Birth Certificate.
- Copy of offer letter from University / Institution.
- Copy of School Leaving Certificate and Letter of Account (testimonial).
- Copy of Malaysian Certificate of Education (SPM) / Malaysian Certificate of Education Vocational (SPMV) and other equivalent certificates.
- Copy of the Certificate of Higher Education Malaysia (STPM) and other equivalent certificates (if any).
- Copy of the Polytechnic / Diploma / Degree, etc. result (if any).
- Copy of the Matriculation / Human Sciences result (if any).
- Copies of the Each Academic Year / Semester examination result (if any).
- Students from Higher Education Institutions (IPTS) must submit a copy of the college and course approval issued by MQA (Malaysia Qualification Agency). (copies can be attain from the institution).
- Diploma RM 4,000 Per Year.
- Certificate RM 2,000 Per Year.
- Interest is subjected to 1% (a year) for 5 years.
- Two(2) guarantors with salary RM1,000 and above are required when agreement is signed.
- Tel: +604-650 5391 / 5165 / 5627
- Application Open Date : 1st June, every year
- Application Closing Date: 30th August, every year
Please make sure you fill out loan applications within 3 days after registration. Update form is 3 DAYS from the date of registration. Please PRINT the completed application form together with relevant documents which were CONFIRMED and delivered within 2 WEEKS from the date the application is submitted online to the following address:
LEMBAGA TABUNG AMANAH PINJAMAN PENUNTUT
NEGERI PULAU PINANG,
PEJABAT SETIAUSAHA KERAJAAN NEGERI,
PARAS 29, KOMTAR,
10503 PULAU PINANG